One Year on LDN!
December 2014: Merry Christmas Everyone!
I am at the one year mark for using LDN for Hashimoto's and Fibromyalgia. I felt much better in the first two weeks of LDN use due to reduced inflammation. I continued to improve as I increased my T4/T3 dose over the March-December 2014 timeframe.
Most of my endocrine hormones improved on LDN in month 1. See the list of physical changes due to LDN on the first page of my blog.
By month 2 and 3.0 mg of LDN I had a burst of energy! And by month 6, I had a much improved "autobiographical memory". I have read that this is driven by hippocampus. Perhaps mine was severely affected by inflammation. Perhaps there has been some brain recovery in places we didn't expect. This is a very welcome change!
And here we are at month 12. I have just had my first normal thyroid results in a full year. This was caused by the endocrinologist wrongly lowering my dose as my intestinal infection and inflammation was misleading her. She lowered my dose by 40%! Had she asked me my SYMPTOMS, she would have figured out that I was hypothyroid and my T4/T3 supplement was too low. We didn't start increasing my thyroid hormone until my 4th month on LDN in spite of poor T3/T4 and TSH results. I had a full thyroid panel done every six weeks for the last year. Finally my normal speed of thought has returned!
I reviewed many of the recent American Thyroid Association's meeting poster abstracts and made a list of everything that affects thyroid hormone in the body. There are many drugs, foods, supplements, etc. Make sure you take T4/T3 on an empty stomach, with HCL if needed, and avoid drugs.
Yes, this information geek found more insight within the Cleveland Clinic's continuing education videos on autoimmune. Most importantly, one speaker mentioned that "what works well for one autoimmune disease works well for all". This theory would support diet, LDN, exercise, Bio -HRT and supplements. Another speaker also cautioned that many prescription drugs "interrupt the immune system and invite infection and cancer". Lovely. Let's be careful about what we put into our bodies.
Cleveland Clinic Autoimmune Continuing Ed Video's and Powerpoints
THE GOOD NEWS
The good news is that I still feel a difference with LDN. Sometimes I forget the LDN and some pain returns. It is not as half as bad as my fibromyalgia crash 6 years ago, but it is there.
More good news is the personal memory improvements.
More good news is that I have found additional support for using LDN. A company is using it in combination with vitamins to improve brain function in soldiers with PTSD.
Additionally, there are NO SIGNS of Rheumatoid Arthritis, which my gene test described as my most likely autoimmune problem. I am 6 times more likely to get RA than the average person!
I am looking into the new year of 2015 with hope that I can work again! And it just doesn't get any better than that!
Happy New Year!
And here we are at month 12. I have just had my first normal thyroid results in a full year. This was caused by the endocrinologist wrongly lowering my dose as my intestinal infection and inflammation was misleading her. She lowered my dose by 40%! Had she asked me my SYMPTOMS, she would have figured out that I was hypothyroid and my T4/T3 supplement was too low. We didn't start increasing my thyroid hormone until my 4th month on LDN in spite of poor T3/T4 and TSH results. I had a full thyroid panel done every six weeks for the last year. Finally my normal speed of thought has returned!
I reviewed many of the recent American Thyroid Association's meeting poster abstracts and made a list of everything that affects thyroid hormone in the body. There are many drugs, foods, supplements, etc. Make sure you take T4/T3 on an empty stomach, with HCL if needed, and avoid drugs.
Yes, this information geek found more insight within the Cleveland Clinic's continuing education videos on autoimmune. Most importantly, one speaker mentioned that "what works well for one autoimmune disease works well for all". This theory would support diet, LDN, exercise, Bio -HRT and supplements. Another speaker also cautioned that many prescription drugs "interrupt the immune system and invite infection and cancer". Lovely. Let's be careful about what we put into our bodies.
Cleveland Clinic Autoimmune Continuing Ed Video's and Powerpoints
THE GOOD NEWS
The good news is that I still feel a difference with LDN. Sometimes I forget the LDN and some pain returns. It is not as half as bad as my fibromyalgia crash 6 years ago, but it is there.
More good news is the personal memory improvements.
More good news is that I have found additional support for using LDN. A company is using it in combination with vitamins to improve brain function in soldiers with PTSD.
Additionally, there are NO SIGNS of Rheumatoid Arthritis, which my gene test described as my most likely autoimmune problem. I am 6 times more likely to get RA than the average person!
I am looking into the new year of 2015 with hope that I can work again! And it just doesn't get any better than that!
Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment