"Someone Agrees With Me?"
Some Confirmation From Virginia Ladd AARDA, Jack Kruse, Mark Sisson and Friends
I listen to the health and paleo podcasts whenever I get a chance, and this week I received some confirmation on my approach to recovery! This is rare. Post-menopausal women are not the center of attention in the health or performance worlds. (Sad but True.)
I was listening to an interview with Jack Kruse of www.jackkruse.com on the Bulletproof Executive podcast. Jack is a neuroscientist with strong opinions on health. On this particular podcast Jack mentioned that all of his female relatives had to go near ketogenic (fat-burning) and use Bioidentical HRT as part of their postmenopausal regime.
Upon hearing this, I skimmed Jack's website. There is no particular mention of menopause in the index. And yet here is a piece of significant information for half the world's population! Why is this information buried? How frustrating for all of us!
Luckily, I also listened to "Autoimmune Adventures" podcast with guest Virginia Ladd from AARDA. She also mentioned Bioidenticals as an upcoming treatment! http://aiadventures.com/bringing-attention-autoimmunity-virginia-ladd-aarda-episode-13-show-notes/
You can find out more about the American Autoimmune Related Disease Association and Virginia here. http://www.aarda.org/about-aarda/meet-our-board/
Chris Kresser, author of The Personal Paleo Code, also recommends LDN in several podcasts concerning Hashimotos and autoimmune. His wife has Hashimotos/Graves and he says, "Sometimes a drug is the best solution." This is unusual for him and he is often warning against pharmaceutical interventions and for diet interventions.
Luckily, I also listened to "Autoimmune Adventures" podcast with guest Virginia Ladd from AARDA. She also mentioned Bioidenticals as an upcoming treatment! http://aiadventures.com/bringing-attention-autoimmunity-virginia-ladd-aarda-episode-13-show-notes/
You can find out more about the American Autoimmune Related Disease Association and Virginia here. http://www.aarda.org/about-aarda/meet-our-board/
Chris Kresser, author of The Personal Paleo Code, also recommends LDN in several podcasts concerning Hashimotos and autoimmune. His wife has Hashimotos/Graves and he says, "Sometimes a drug is the best solution." This is unusual for him and he is often warning against pharmaceutical interventions and for diet interventions.
Dave Asprey, of the Bulletproof Executive, also recommends an AIP-like in his "Bulletproof Diet". He also links the MTHFR defects (I have these) to challenges with traditional and alternative medicines. Extreme measures are important for maintaining health with these gene defects.
Testosterone has immunomodulating properties and anti-inflammatory effect. This is similar to the LDN benefits. Perhaps testosterone should be supported in the same way that estrogen and progesterone are. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15240608
Other evidence shows that low T4 results in a negative impact on the level of sex hormones. So, as my thyroid hormones were mismanaged or unattended, my sex hormones were negatively impacted! These hormones are all related and should be tested together.
In all of these cases, you have diet and exercise aficionado's admitting that women's hormones need support. Diet is just not enough. Exercise is just not enough. Diet and Exercise is just not enough.
Once again, the formula that worked for me:
1. Daily, Gentle Aerobic Exercise
2. LDN
3. Bioidentical Hormones
4. Paleo Autoimmune Protocol Diet
5. Supplements
Review the details: http://ldnautoimmunerecovery.blogspot.com/2014/03/could-recovery-really-be-so-simplified.html
Yet MORE SUPPORT?
The study of Epigenetics. This means literally, "About Genes". It's about how the environment affects the expression of genes, including disease. You could look at the list above and call that the environment. I tweaked the heck out of my environment! And that's why I can now say I "recovered from Fibromyalgia".
Nova has a great video on YouTube about Epigenetics and twins. Watch that and become inspired to take control of your health and use environmental influencers to counter the "normal" decline of menopause and aging.
http://youtu.be/D44cu7v9x1w
Bruce Lipton also has a wonderfully empowering video on YouTube about Epigenetics and how you THINK influences gene expression. He was introduced as a cellular biologist that believes in "The Chemistry of Love". Now that makes sense to me, a mother of three children. Mothers are so powerful in creating that love energy! ;-)
http://youtu.be/kqG5TagD0uU
I am so encouraged by these findings. I feel like I am building understanding to a great degree after my original biohacking returned results. Well, better late than never.
In fact, my timing is very lucky. I was able to start my Bioidentical HRT in the menopause window. If I would have started much later, the results would have been weaker. Blazing trails and not even knowing it. That's how life goes sometimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment