Thursday, March 20, 2014

What Was Working Better With LDN?
My personal experience is listed in my first blog post  My Story of Recovery

I saw changes that indicated my entire Endocrine System was working more optimally with LDN.  
I think my history before LDN was key to the quick LDN success.  How prepared was my body?
--  4 Years of Gluten Free/Dairy Free, nearly Paleo AIP Diet
--  Hormone Supplements kept my body protected
--  6 Years of Daily Aerobic Exercise
--  4 Years of Key Vitamin Supplements

Because I began to feel better in the first week of LDN, I have to believe that the primary change was reduction in chronic inflammation.  My diet was highly restricted to the AIP, my exercise was optimal, my HRT was normal for post-menopause, and my supplements were stable for years when I finally began LDN in November 2013.

You can see from the table below that there are many Endocrine Hormones!  Needless to say, I did not have them all tested.  However, I was supplementing for five of them and tested three of them post-LDN.  Those three hormones were all in the normal range a few weeks after starting LDN -- for the first time in years.

The idea that HGH could have been very low, indicates that my illness could have been on an infinite loop without LDN.  HGH is a part of the healing process for the human body. 
See Wikipedia :  Description of Growth Hormone

The table below describes ALL the Endocrine System Hormones and their function.  It maps very well to the list of changes I observed after a few weeks of LDN.